Daniil B MUNBLIT
Honorary Research Associate at the Department of Pediatrics,
Imperial College London (London, Great Britain)
Assistant Professor at the Department of Pediatrics and Infectious diseases, Faculty of Pediatrics
I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University (Moscow, Russia)
Areas of expertise:
association of maternal factors (health, nutrition and genotype) with immune-modulatory factors of colostrum and mature human milk of women and their role in the development of allergies and infectious diseases in infants, quality of life in children with food allergies, asthma predictive factors
If someone had told me ten years ago that I would be a researcher, I would have laughed. But life is so unpredictable. First unnoticed, science gradually invades your personal space. I enjoy doing research work on children’s allergies. This vast area of medicine has not been studied sufficiently and offers a variety of research directions. I hope I will live to the moment when the majority of secrets behind allergies will be unveiled.
Time spent in London taught me to be open and to coopertate. If you have a chance, go abroad and learn something new, meet interesting people and make new friends. A good thing about research work is that it gives an opportunity to travel the world freely regardless of frontiers.
- Munblit D, Treneva M, Peroni DG, Colicino S, Chow L, Dissanayeke S, et al. Colostrum and mature human milk of women from London, Moscow and Verona: determinants of immune composition. Nutrients. 2016 Nov 3; 8 (11). pii E695.
- Munblit D, Verhasselt V. Allergy prevention by breastfeeding: possible mechanisms and evidence from human cohorts. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2016 Oct; 16 (5): 427–33. DOI: 10.1097/ACI.0000000000000303.
- Munblit DB, Borushko AI, Treneva MS, Pampura AN. Immunologicheskiy sostav grudnogo moloka i allergicheskie zabolevaniya, estestvennyy put' k profilaktike. Pediatria. Journal named after G. N. Speransky. 2016; 95 (4): 104–9. Russian.
- Munblit D, Sheth S, Abrol P, Treneva M, Peroni DG, Chow LY, et al. Maternal and environmental factors influence on total IgA level in colostrum. J Dev Orig Health Dis. 2016 Feb; 7 (1): 61–7. DOI: 10.1017/S2040174415001476.
- Munblit D, Boyle RJ, Warner JO. Factors affecting breast milk composition, and potential consequences for development of the allergic phenotype. Clin Exp Allergy. 2015 Mar; 45 (3): 583–601. DOI: 10.1111/cea.12381.
- Minniti F, Comberiati P, Munblit D, Antoniazzi E, Zanoni L, Piacentini GL, et al. Breast milk characteristics protecting against allergy. Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets. 2014 Mar; 14 (1): 9–15.
- Munblit D, Boyle RJ. Modulating Breast Milk Composition — The Key to Allergy Prevention? Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2012; 159 (2): 107–8.