Aleksandr A NOVIKOV
Lead Researcher at the Laboratory of Immunology and Molecular Biology of Rheumatic Diseases,
Research Institute of Rheumatology named after V. A. Nasonova (Moscow, Russia)
Areas of expertise:
clinical laboratory diagnosis of systemic autoimmune rheumatic diseases (SARD), state-of-art laboratory technologies, discovery of new SARD biomarkers
Special awards and honors:
Expert of the Russian Academy of Sciences
I was always interested in the problems of medicine and biology. Clinical laboratory testing involves certain aspects of biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, cytology, molecular biology, etc. About 80 % of clinical decisions are based on the laboratory data. I hope that one day I will see methods facilitating the development of personalized medicine introduced into clinical routine.
My advice to young scientists is: focus on things that you find really interesting; find a place which offers the best possible facilities for your work. Remember that a modern scientist cannot work isolated from others. You either work in a team, or do not work at all. If you really enjoy your work, you will eventually develop personal qualities necessary for a scientist.
- Nasonov EL, Aleksandrova EN, Novikov AA. [Systemic autoimmune rheumatic diseases in 2013: Problems of laboratory diagnosis]. Terapevticheskij arkhiv. 2014; 86 (5): 4–9. Russian.
- Novikov AA, Aleksandrova EN, Nasonov EL. [Elaboration and application of the diagnostic index based on multivariate analysis of biomarkers to determine the activity of rheumatoid arthritis]. Rheumatology Science and Practice. 2014; 52 (1): 72–8. Russian.
- Novikov AA, Aleksandrova EN, Gerasimov AN, Cherkasova MV, Karateev DE, Luchikhina EL, et al. [Multiparameter analysis of biomarkers in the laboratory diagnosis of early rheumatoid arthritis]. Rheumatology Science and Practice. 2013; 51 (2): 111–6. Russian.
- Novikov AA, Cherkasova MV, Aleksandrova EN, Karateev DE, Popkova TV, Luchikhina EL, et al. [The comparative evaluation of the diagnostic value of methods of detection of antibodies to citrullinized proteins under rheumatoid arthritis]. Russian Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics. 2012; (10): 50–4. Russian.
- Novikov AA, Aleksandrova EN, Nasonov EL. [Proteomic studies in rheumatology]. Rheumatology Science and Practice. 2012; 50 (6): 56–62. Russian.
- Novikov AA, Aleksandrova EN, Popkova TV, Lineva OG, Avdeeva AS, Novikova DS, et al. [Role of multiplex cytokine analysis in the evaluation of the efficacy of rituximab during treatment for rheumatoid arthritis]. Rheumatology Science and Practice. 2011; 49 (5): 51–7. Russian.